Scaling up.

I’ve made some more ladies in the studio, this time adding floral motifs with collaged photocopies. I really like them, but I’m not sure if I understand them, at this point in time. The ease at which they come together is kind of addictive; probably about 75% of them happen first time, the other 25% get cut up and recycled further down the line. It’s very playful making the figures manifest from a kind of catalogue of choices. Having scaled up from A4 to A2, I’m curious to make a large painting, but not sure if I can translate the effortless play of cheap poster/powder paint on paper to ‘oil on canvas’. That all feels a bit too serious for now.

Posterpaint and collage on paper

Powder/ poster paint and collage on paper

 

2018-03-19T11:29:17+00:00

Leave A Comment

Jayne Cooper

Artist Jayne Cooper studied painting at Glasgow School of Art. Over the last ten years she has exhibited throughout the UK in both shared and solo shows, including the BP awards at the National Portrait Gallery, London.

Jayne works from her studio in the Lincolnshire market town of Louth.

Recent Posts