The Rebel Daughters Sista Suffragettes are making yet another appearance in Lincolnshire; this time at the Old Police Station in Market Rasen .This is a fascinating listed building, one of only four original courtrooms in the country. And only one ancient nail to hang the show on (no nailing or blu tac allowed). Still, me
About Jayne CooperThis author has not yet filled in any details.
So far Jayne Cooper has created 12 blog entries.
Always a bit odd getting ready for an exhibition and doing all the other jobs an artist has to do other than make the work, which is the good bit. Takes up a lot of time, but it's part of the deal so best crack on and do your best. So, CANNOT WAIT to get
My centenary celebration Rebel Daughters are making an exhibition of themselves at Louth Riverhead Theatre, for the month of May. Tenner each - bargain. A big thankyou to Wendy for her super efficient curation, as ever. And to Graeme Oxby for Saturdays photoshoot .... more soon of that one
I've made some more ladies in the studio, this time adding floral motifs with collaged photocopies. I really like them, but I'm not sure if I understand them, at this point in time. The ease at which they come together is kind of addictive; probably about 75% of them happen first time, the other 25%
So, out of the blue dolls came blue ladies, and when I look at them collectively I hear Joni Mitchell sing 'When I went to your gallery, I liked the ones of ladies'. Can't remember the title of the song but I think it's off her album 'Clouds'. Anyway, I figured these studies are in
I have had this book for sometime, which features lovely photographs of dolls getting up to stuff in their stylish outfits. I have used the images to create quick drawings with oil paint, thinking about how pattern and decoration can work with and against the figure.
Regarding the Suffragette Army, I have exceeded my target of 100, and now working on larger versions. Twenty of them are currently on display as part of 'Rebel Daughters' at the Point in Doncaster. The rest are in a shoe box awaiting a suitable venue in which to strut their stuff. Their time will come.
I am currently obsessed with knocking out these ladies, which I think are in the process of forming an army of 100, to commemorate the forthcoming centenary of women's right to vote. Each soldier is painted on A4 card using primary coloured poster paint in various combinations. Only 75 more to do.
Wendy Cadwallader and I spent a lovely couple of days together creating this banner for the 'Save Louth Hospital' march that took place the first Saturday in September. I based the design on the original Louth Uprising banner from 1537, that depicts the five wounds of Christ. And then I added a peach hot water
Robert Wyatt very kindly came to see the GWOW today (Great Wall of Wyatt) at the Spout Yard Gallery . Look how pleased I am to stuck in between two Robert Wyatts. I prefer the one on my right.